Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Don't break my illusions – Noel Coward

British playwright Noel Coward (1899-1973) loved to travel around the world. But he was not interested in cultural sights, he wanted to meet interesting people.

When Coward visited India, he didn’t go to see the famous Taj Mahal. He remained in some restaurant and chatted with locals who he just met.

"Why don’t you come along with us and visit the Taj Mahal?" his friend asked him.

I do not want to even think about that!Coward replied "I saw Taj Mahal on a box of cookies and after I've often thought about its beauty. So just go there without me and do not try anymore to break my illusions."

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Don't break my illusions – Noel Coward"

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails