Friday, March 25, 2011

Artistic vanity – Gore Vidal

After one international meeting of writers in Sofia (Bulgaria), British novelist Anthony Powell (1905-2000) was surprised when he saw that American writer Gore Vidal (1925) is curiously flipping through Bulgarian daily newspapers searching for culture articles.

- Here I am! I knew it! - enthusiastically shouted Vidal.

When he saw that Powell was staring at him with puzzled look, Vidal explained to him what was going on:

- I just love it when my picture comes out in some newspaper. That is why I always sit down next to a man wearing a turban. Photographers always take pictures of them. The same happened here. I was sitting next to a writer from India – and they took picture of me.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Artistic vanity – Gore Vidal"

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails