Sunday, August 14, 2011

Entertainer - Fritz Kreisler

Famous Austrian-born violinist and composer Friedrich 'Fritz' Kreisler (1875 –1962) was once asked by some rich American woman if he would be interested to perform at her party. For a certain fee, of course. Virtuoso answered with “yes”.

- “So, your performance at my party, how much will it cost me?” – asked the rich woman.

- “$5000.” – Kreisler answered.

- “Excellent!” – said the hostess. “But, I want you to know that I do not expect from you to chat with my guest and entertain them after your performance.”

- “Even better.” – said Kreisler. “In that case I will charge you with $2000”.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Entertainer - Fritz Kreisler"

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails